The most important factor you should consider when buying a mattress is comfort. This is determined by several things but the most important factor that determines the comfort of a mattress is the material. In this regard, latex mattress are among the best mattress in 2021.
They are made from latex which is a milky substance that is obtained from rubber trees. When it is exposed to air, this substance coagulates or changes into a solid form and it is then used in production of various products such as pillows and mattresses. In this article, we shall explain the benefit of these mattresses and features that makes them unique.
Before we explain the benefits, you need to understand that latex is available in different forms which include natural latex and synthetic latex.
- Natural latex– This one is also referred to as pure latex and it is usually obtained from rubber trees sap. The two manufacturing processes involved in production of natural latex are Talalay and Dunlop.
- Dunlop latex– As compared to the Talalay process of producing latex, Dunlop is more efficient. Once the natural latex has been obtained from rubber trees, that fluid is then poured into a mold which is then sealed up and placed in a conveyor belt or a vulcanization oven. After the vulcanization process, latex is then removed and washed thoroughly. It is then dried at high temperatures to get rid of all the moisture from the material.
- Talalay– This process is more extensive and just like the Dunlop process, the liquid latex is poured in a mold halfway. After this, a vacuum is used to expand the latex until the mold is filled completely. When it has fully expanded, the mold is then frozen where carbon dioxide is added during the freezing process. This allows it to form a gel and after this, the latex is then vulcanized, washed it finally dried.
- Synthetic Latex– Synthetic latex is also most the same as natural latex but it is made from petrochemicals which enables it to mimic the properties of natural latex. Unlike the natural latex, synthetic latex is more prone to wear and tear. This means that it is not as durable as natural latex. Since it is exclusively made using chemicals, it is likely to produce unpleasant smells and this means that it is not very safe.
Benefits of latex mattresses
- Comfort– The major benefit of latex mattresses is that they are extremely comfortable. They also provide a soft and silky feeling which is followed by a buoyant sensation feeling.
- Durability– As compared to other mattresses, latex mattresses are the most durable. Due to this, they are very expensive but they provide the best value for the money.
- Pain relief– In case you suffer from joint pains or back pains, a latex mattress will be the best solution. These mattresses are highly recommended by physical therapists, osteopaths and chiropractors due to their excellent pain relief capabilities.
- They do not transmit motions– Latex is naturally resilient which means that it does not transmit the movements of the mattress. If you sleep with a partner, latex mattresses are among the best. (Not as best as memory foam mattress)
- Eco-friendly– If you are searching for a mattress that is made of natural materials, latex mattress will be the best. This is because their production doesn’t involve use of chemicals.
- Easy to customize– Unlike other mattresses, most latex mattresses come with a zipper on one end which allows you to adjust its feel. This zipper also makes it easy to clean the mattress.
- Breathability– Another fantastic thing about these mattresses is that they have an open-cell structure which allows excellent airflow. In addition, they have a series of pinholes which are added during the production to enhance the airflow. This design keeps you cool throughout the night to prevent sweating.
- Safety– Latex mattresses do not contain metallic components which means that they are very safe since there are no risks of electromagnetic radiations.
- Allergen free – Most of the allergies that occur when you are sleeping are mainly caused by dust mites or moulds which usually develops on the mattress. The good thing about latex is that is highly resistant to dust mites and moulds. This means that if you experience allergic symptoms at night, a latex mattress will be the ideal solution.
Disadvantages of latex mattress
- Weight– As compared to other mattresses, latex mattress are very dense which means that they are heavier than the rest. This may not be a big problem once you have set up the mattress but in case you are searching for a mattress you can carry easily, latex mattresses are not the best.
- Expensive- Natural latex is very expensive to obtain. This means that these mattresses are more expensive as compared to other mattresses. However, they are very durable which means that they are indeed worth the price.
- Motion transfer- As compared to memory foam mattress, is not very effective in preventing motion transfer which means that these mattresses may not be the best for couples.
If you have been searching for a best mattress in India, you can never go wrong with latex mattresses. They are more durable as compared to others and provide excellent breathability which means that they keep you cool at night. Apart from that, they are very comfortable and suitable for people with back pain problems. In terms of price, these mattresses are more expensive due to their outstanding quality.