There are more people around the world that suffer from dandruff than you can imagine. The scientific name for dandruff is Seborrheic Dermatitis. It is describe as an inflammation condition of the skin which affects a person’s scalp as well as their face. So this is common condition and what a person will see is that he has shiny, whiter or silver colored flakes flaking off their scalp when they scratch it or brush their hair. Dandruff can be dry or oily depending upon the condition of the skin.
There are many factors that make dandruff quite annoying and irritating. A few of those would include that dandruff can lead to infections on the skin, permanent loss of hair, severe itching, wounds and some other serious issues. Dandruff is communicable and may spread from one person to another. Because of this, it is important that you treat dandruff immediately as soon as you notice you have it on your scalp or face.
The positive note about dandruff is that it is treatable using allopathic medicines as well as by practicing home remedies. Creams and medicated shampoos with harsh chemicals are often used to treat dandruff, but for the most part they are prescribed by a doctor. If you prefer not to use prescription medication for the dandruff then you can most definitely opt to treat it with a natural home remedy for dandruff. Here are some of these remedies:–
- Fenugreek Seeds: One natural method that you might be interested in using when treating your dandruff is Fenugreek seeds. Simply soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in some water overnight. Next day, grind the seeds to make a paste.. Apply the paste to your entire scalp and let it set on there for about 30 minutes. Rinse it out with neem or amla and reetha shampoo. If you plan to do this treatment you should do it twice a week for 2 weeks straight and after you have seen improvement you can do it once a week.
- Dettol Rinse / Lime: This method is my personal favourite. Just after you are done with taking bath and shampooing your hair, just add a tea spoon full of Dettol(Antiseptic lotion) in a mug full of water and rinse your hair and affected body parts with it. One may replace Dettol with cider vinegar, lime or lemon juice. This remedy is tested to be very effective in treating dandruff.
(Avoid contact with eyes and face as it may leave burning sensation on face. )
- Green Gram Powder and Curd: Mix half cup of curd with 2-3 table spoons of green gram powder to make a paste. Apply it to your scalp and leave for 5 minutes before rinsing your hair.
- Hair Message with Mustard or Olive Oil: Oil Message is always good for healthy scalp but it’s even more useful for those suffering from dandruff. Simply make it a habit to apply mustard, almond or olive oil on your scalp with the finger tips every night before going to bed at night and wash your hair in the morning. This will not only keep your scalp healthy but also get rid of the dead cells on the scalp. Do this at least twice a week and you will notice that dandruff is fading away.
- Beet: Make a mixture of beetroot juice, vinegar and ginger juice and apply it on scalp few hours before washing your scalp.
- Healthy Diet: Finally, eat healthy balanced diet containing lots of raw fruits, vegetables and milk. Make sure that you don’t suffer from constipation as it can worsen the condition.
Practice these home remedies for dandruff and I am sure that you will soon be able to get rid of this condition.